Thursday 5 August 2010

Weaving a new beginning....

Last night I had the pleasure of witnessing Katherine Hayward receive her beautiful gift, woven together by her friends and colleagues at Eco Active. Katherine is the long standing inspirational education officer at Eco Active.

In a top secret plot...they had got together one evening and wove panels from strips of clothing (including the finance directors ties!!) The panels were then quietly brought down to Fabrications where myself and Katherine May transformed the samples into a baby quilt for Katherine's forthcoming new baby!

Eco Active were inspired by this simple upcycling weaving technique which I introduced as part of a project I collaborated on with Eco Active, Immediate Theatre and the Good Companions at the Kingsmead estate in Homerton earlier this year, which I will be reporting on in my next post.......

No comments: