Thursday 14 April 2011

London Knit Crawl

I'm a couple of weeks late in getting this post up - but spurred on by Jackie and Leona's fun posts on Wednesday Knit's 1st birthday celebrations - a 'Knit Crawl' around some of London's unique independent yarn shops, I thought it's not too late to share their day and idea -


Jackie has been running the Wednesday Knit club for a year in West London and has now come East. As well as devising a novel way for members to celebrate and enjoy discounts along the route, Jackie informed me that she is also researching the possibility of producing a guide to encourage more people to wind their way around London's independent yarn shops and haunts - bring it on!

Fabrications was the first venue on the crawl for the Wednesday Knit troubadours - as well as Jackie, there was Leona who I'd met during her Lady Luck days, she has now launched a new venture - Thrift-Ola. I met Max who makes knitting inspired jewelry which I'd seen at the Bust Craftacular and Kali of lush and lovely.

Leona creating a toy owl which I overheard had been purchased from Kali's lush and Lovely stall in Brick Lane. What a close knit group they are!
Check out Leona's recommendations for the 'Purr-fect cat basket' after seeing Tommy luxuriating in a suitcase of scarves!

No comments: